Friday 25 July 2014

Latest News

I recently had a song played on this very cool Podcast!
Have a listen to 5 Song Set, they played my version of Some Cold Rainy Day. http://5songset.net/shows/episode83.php

I've also put a new recording on Soundcloud.  This song is a cover of a Billy Bizor song.
https://soundcloud.com/sleepyeyesnelson/she-stays-drunk

I recently played at the Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival and I had a great time playing my blues to lots of people at the Tron Kirk!  I have a few more live dates coming up.

Wed 30th July - Slouch - Glasgow - 10pm

Sun 3rd August - Big Blues Day - The Ferry, Glasgow - 2pm

Fri 15th  August - The Vagabond Social Club - The Roxy - Glasgow - 8pm

Sun 28th August - Big Blues Day - The Ferry, Glasgow - 2pm

Sun 26th October - Big Blues Day - The Ferry, Glasgow - 2pm

If anybody would like on the guest list for the gigs at The Big Blues Day on The Ferry please let me know, send me an email and I'll let the venue know so you can get in for free!

sleepyeyesnelson@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the track and introducing me to Billy Bizor. I think he's got the best tone of any of the country blues harp players that I've heard. One site I've seen shows him playing into an old beer can to get that sound - didn't work so well when I tried it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha hey James, yeah he's probably my favourite of the blues harp players. Lots of good footage of him on The Blues According To Lightnin Hopkins.

      Delete